Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 32: Trying to find high ground

I'm sorry I haven't posted in such a long time! Internet is pretty inconvenient here, and since we're in the last week of the project we've been spending tons of time in the field trying to close our units and I've been spending all of my free time soaking in all of these amazing people. Also, my camera died, so no pictures for you. Sorry!

I have to tell you, we've been making some pretty exciting finds at the site lately. Apparently it's like the Murphy's Law of archaeology that you find the coolest stuff in the last few day's, and it's SO TRUE. I felt like such a true archaeologist today as we were lying on our stomachs reaching into a trench, excavating artifacts with dental tools and paint brushes.

Today was pretty exciting because it rained insanely lots. We had about fifteen people catching water and bailing out our unit and it still got totally flooded. I ran outside to fix the tarp and was instantly soaked. It was pretty funny though because after we had secured the unit we all crowded around the fires (which we burn to keep mosquitoes away) in the rain to get warm. Warm is, of course, a relative term since I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually lower than 75 degrees. Which is cold when you've acclimated!

Anyways, I'll try to be more frequent with the blog posts, sorry!
Love you,
Elise

PS check out our weekend awesomeness below!

No comments:

Post a Comment